It wasn't easy, but I held off buying an iPad on Saturday. Don't think they missed me. Word is Apple sold over 300,000 units on the first day, over one million apps, and 250,ooo eBooks from the iBookstore.
Not a bad first day!
We're continuing to enjoy our own new product launches here at MacGregor Literary.
MORE NEW RELEASES:
- HEADING HOME by Renee Riva
- Charles Foster's THE SACRED JOURNEY
- Janice Thompson has a new one -- IT HAD TO BE YOU
- Jim Rubart, author of ROOMS, is doing a three-book deal with B&H Fiction.
- Eva Gibson is contracting with AMG for a new Bible study on THE THREE MARYS
AWARDS, CONTESTS, etc.
- Irene Hannon is a RITA finalist for AN EYE FOR AN EYE
- Over at Bo's Life Cafe writers are invited to enter a REJECTION LETTER CHALLENGE. The winning (or perhaps you could say most determined, persistent, stubborn) writer will receive a FREE evaluation of the first ten pages of their manuscript by former Writer's Digest Editor, Melanie Rigney! Hey, if you have a great rejection collection, why not have a little fun and enter. What have you got to lose?
So, while 1/2 a percent of people in the world are off in iPad toy land this week, we're still here, faithfully working away on our fashioned notebooks on behalf of our faithful authors. That's okay. We'd love this job even if it involved carbon paper!